Monday, May 23, 2011

Heros... Do they still exist?

When I was a little girl I had so many heroes... My Daddy, Superman, Davy Crockett, and Jesus! But now that I'm not little and I realized that the world is in need of real heroes I question that they are even still around.

Where is Superman to save the world and always protect and save Louis Lane... what about Spiderman? He saves the world and always protects Mary Jane.

Where is my hero to save the world and to always protect me?

The Webster definition of a hero is a mythological or legendary figure often of divine descent endowed with great strength or ability... It’s kind of sad to look it up and see that they are "mythological" figure. So now that I know Superman isn’t real; who is left to be the hero in this crazy, hectic world?

To me I have some hero's. Jesus Christ is one. You might not be religious or even believe the same things I believe but I know I have faith. Inside that faith I see Jesus as someone who came to save us from ourselves. Without him I don’t know where I would be. I would be wondering thru this life aimlessly. Even though sometimes I feel as if I am living aimlessly I know that God has plans for me. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

I have an earthly hero also, my husband. Carlos is my hero; the definition said a hero has great strength or ability. Well, Carlos has both. Carlos isn’t just strong in the sense of muscles he is has a strong spirit. He is able to look at all the bad in the world and still see some good. Carlos is my hero for more than just what he can do for me but he is my hero because he chooses without question to do things for me. No one ever had to ask Superman or Spiderman to save the world... they did it because they wanted to. Carlos saves me from so much bad in the world because of the love he has for me.

Do other people still believe in heroes? Do you have a hero? I know that I do. Even though this world is hard... its mean... and we are all in need of saving; do you still believe in heroes or have you given up and just let the world take you over?

1 comment:

  1. People look for heros because of their desparation to escape ultimate demise. Pain, suffering, and the fear of dread force all people everywhere to develop and hold onto some form of philosophy, which becomes for them their hero of deliverance, providing meaning for their existence as they suffer through life and ultimately face inevitable cessation.

    People fantasize about heros that require no particular obligation. People create illusions to satisfy their longings, temporal as the satisfaction might be.

    the only person to ever show up to be one of us, suffer with us, and submit to the same torment we face is none other than Jesus Christ. He died the death we all face, but he did so to identify with our plight. He had no obligation to do so, but did so for us, to know us by being one of us. Then, he conquered death, not as one of us, but representing us, the very power of creation was wielded through him: He put death to death.

    Every person that superman, spiderman, your daddy, or Carlos could might deliver will one day still have to face death. Those whom Christ delivers will never die. Yes, i know, we all will die, but those delivered by Christ will not suffer ultimate death, which is separation from God.

    The pain we feel the most in this life is the pain of death. That pain is what we feel when we live illusory deluded lives not knowing Him, who is our life. Indeed, Death is separation from Him and that means we are separated from the truth, that is from life itself.

    He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. And he is our Hero!!!

    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete