Friday, August 5, 2011

Don't Stop Believing...

I saw a quote today and I feel in love with it... "I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." - Audrey Hepburn

This quote reminded me so much of who I am, and how badly I want to get back to who I am. I have found that it is so easy to lose yourself in the crazy, hectic, stressful life we all live. I am a dreamer. I always have been I always will be. I choose to believe in the good of all people, I choose to believe in real life princesses and fairy tales.

You see life can get so scary, it can consume you and rob you of your innocence and joy. But when life starts to take you over and you feel consumed that is when you have to stand up and fight for what you believe in, you fight for your dreams, you fight to maintain a happy outlook on life, you fight to keep your self safe!

When I was younger I believed in EVERYTHING... frogs turning into a prince, unicorns, rainbows with leperchauns at the end of them, I believed someday I would get to meet my fairy god mother. And of course I believed that lighting bugs were really fairies. I believed I could talk to the animals like Dr. Dolittle. I was full of life, of imagination, of innocence and of joy.

Thru everything life has thrown at me, I am still true to the things I believe. I'm not as naive as I was when I was 6, however I still choose to believe the good in the world, the beauty of life, the magic of love. When I believe things whole heatedly like I do I find the hardest part of believing something is the realization that others aren't going to feel the same. You might not have the same beliefs as me and that is fine. We are all entitled to our own thoughts and opinions. However, sometimes (lets make that most of the time) I don't understand why people don't think the same and believe the same as me. I believe in the little things so much and have so much faith that I cant wrap my mind around someone not agreeing.

I guess what I'm trying to say with all of this is that... I started to loose faith in all the things I believed in the past year or so. Life has thrown me tons of curve balls. When I saw that quote today, I realized, like a light bulb going off in my head, that it doesn't matter how old I get, what happens in life, or what anyone says what I believe makes me who I am.

So, I will never give up on believing in the fairy tales, the miracles, the beauty of life, or love.

No comments:

Post a Comment